Here are five ways to use up limes - if you're like us, you buy them, then never use them. Yet a squeeze here and there can work wonders...
– Lime is particularly good with spicy dishes. A squeeze over a noodle dish will lift it, especially if you are using coconut and chillies.
– A quarter of lime popped in the neck of a bottle of beer turns an average beer into a splendid one.
– Lime juice is particularly good with cucumber and mint. Peel the cucumber and cut into batons, add mint leaves and lime juice and chill. Eat in between spicy courses as a palate cleanser.
– Add the zest and juice of limes to sugar and melt until you have a sweet but sharp liquid (use the juice of about 3 limes, the zest of 1 lime and about 1 cup of sugar). Chill and pour over fresh summer berries.
– A squirt of lime juice on chicken breasts will perk them up. Try this: Stir finely chopped red chilli into honey and use it to brush on chicken breasts. Bake in the oven until cooked through and golden, then sprinkle with lime juice just before eating.